HomeAbout meFreebies!!!Image HTML map generator

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Five After Friday


      Y'all, I have the best job (minus the part where I get paid the least). Let me just say... I am LOVING being back in school. It's stressful and crazy as always, but my K5ers are the best kids in the world, they make my days so FUN! 



      We started the week off with a visit from two officers and their partners... police dogs! This was AWESOME! We teachers had just as many questions as the kids. So thankful for the service of these officers and dogs. I now officially want a police / home security dog. Of course, I'm sure Deeohgee is smarter and she is DEFINITELY cuter!



        Field trip! We loaded up the bus and headed to the FedEx Forum for and event with Samaritan's Feet. So thankful for this orgvolunteers and for our dear prayer partners who got us this spot at the event. Each of my students had their feet washed by a volunteer and received a free pair of adidas tennis shoes! 




        Thinking we might actually get to meet some of the Grizzlies players, I prepped my students on what they should say. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet Tony Allen or Marc Gasol, but I did overhear a few of K5ers pointing me out to random volunteers... "That's my teacher. Isn't she cute? I can get you her number!" 


Reading is WAY more fun with finger eyes and reading glasses! 

 



      I got an iPhone 6 for Christmas and decided to "give" my old iPhone 5 to my students. I do not believe that they have ever been more excited. If you have an old iPhone and responsible students, please let your K5ers use it! I told my students that I was going to let them borrow my iPhone because I believed that they were responsible enough to handle having their own iPhone. They were so proud and shared this news with many! In fact, one of my K5ers was asked to share with our entire school something that she had learned in Kindergarten this year and her response was "How to hold Ms. Peden's iPhone so it don't drop!" Slightly embarrassing... but at least she was excited! I whipped up a QR center for beginning sounds so that my students could use the iPhone during literacy centers. Talk about ENGAGED STUDENTS! They have done SO well! They simply scan the qr code with the iPhone, say the word for the picture they see, identify the beginning sound, and trace the corresponding letter on the recording sheet! 

 

 Management Tip!!! 


     I created number cards to go along with this center. Each student takes a number card so that no one can get confused about whose turn it is next! This has been a life saver in my classroom. 

If you are interested in this center activity, you can find it on TPT by clicking the picture below! 




      We are currently studying informational text and working on writing our own informational text! LOVE LOVE LOVE these little authors and their writing! 


"This is Hawaii. But this is a map." 


This map "shows that snakes live in The Desert, North America, and Australia." 

1 comment :