HomeAbout meFreebies!!!Image HTML map generator

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Centers

    Ok... so I haven't been as great at keeping my posts up to date as I had originally planned. Oops. I'm blaming it on the lack of time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I never feel like I have enough class time to fit everything in before the break. That being said... I'm already gearing up my Christmas centers and I thought I would let you take a look at what my kinders have been up to this week!

Listening Center


Big Books Center (with jumbo Christmas pencils as pointers)


       And now for my math stations.... I'm really focusing on math right now because I always feel like my babies are behind in this area. I think most of my frustration comes from being stuck with the Abeka curriculum while my students are being assessed with the common core standards.  When I need to be teaching subtraction my curriculum has me teaching time to the half hour, numbers to 100, etc. Bridging the gap is especially difficult since I only get a couple hundred copies a year. These usually go toward the required weekly homework assignment sheets and behavior reports, not leaving much room, if any, for copies that incorporate the common core practice my babies need.
Right now, I have created a few centers to help my students master these standards: CCSS.Math.Content.K.OA.A.4 For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record the answer with a drawing or equation.
CCSS.Math.Content.K.NBT.A.1 Compose and decompose numbers from 11 to 19 into ten ones and some further ones, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each composition or decomposition by a drawing or equation (such as 18 = 10 + 8); understand that these numbers are composed of ten ones and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.

These centers have been a hit and are definitely good for mastery! Click the titles for a link to the product on TPT!





How Many More to Make Ten? (I've actually revamped this one with some clipart on tpt!)



Well, thats all I've got for you so far, but here is a sneak peek at my SW as in Sweater mini-unit! No, I haven't seen anything cuter! ;)



2 comments :

  1. Hello! Thank you for following me and for nominating me for the Liebster Award. :) I love your site! The Christmas centers are adorable! Such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete