HomeAbout meFreebies!!!Image HTML map generator

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Getting Ready for Kindergarten

Why does the week before school starts in August always feel like the week of the tornado from my college days???



     Is it just me, or do you see similarities here too? Yes, I am ALWAYS thankful for freshly cleaned and waxed floors but I have enough to do to prepare my tiny classroom with out having to clean up the aftermath. Don't even get me started on all of the furniture that was moved out of place and then waxed down to the floors!

      I have just one more day before my pirates come running into the building for the first time this school year - and of course I'll be spending it in inservice meetings. Thankfully, I have achieved a great deal since I took this picture... but there is still work to be done. So here I am spending all of my weekend trying to finalize everything from lesson plans to emergency contact information cards. Of course, now that my classroom is almost tidy - my apartment looks a MESS - foam pirate hats and puzzles cover the kitchen table, laptops and planning books strewn across the floor, and you can't even see the sofa for all the laminate that needs to be cut. In the midst of it all I am trying to take time to rest and pray for my students. I keep reminding myself that it is OK to have a busy life, but not a busy heart. As Paul Miller says in A Praying Life, "Learning to pray doesn't offer us a less busy life, it offers us as less busy heart in the midst of outer busyness." My hope as I enter this school year is to keep my heart from becoming too busy. 

      And just in case any of you other teachers are scrambling around out there too (and I already know you are ) here are some too simple forms that can help you get your attendance/grade book in order. Hope you find them helpful! 
       

No comments :

Post a Comment