HomeAbout meFreebies!!!Image HTML map generator

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A is for Appreciation


      A is for appreciation... to some readers, this may sounds strange. I am so often told that teaching is one of the most thankless jobs. I would be lying if I told you that I always received appropriate appreciation for what I do from everyone. My paycheck... lets be honest... never makes me feel appreciated and sometimes my work is misunderstood or unappreciated by others. Today, however, I am thankful for the appreciation I receive, and I believe that I receive more appreciation teaching than I could ever receive in another field. Today, our absolutely amazing cafateria manager/chef prepared a delicious Thanksgiving meal for our entire school! I sat down with my students for lunch and we talked about our family traditions for Thanksgiving. I reminded them that our class is also a family and we decided to go around the table and say one thing that we are thankful for. (Note: I know, this is soooo cliche. Also, the only person who successfully said just 1 thing was thankful for "everything God gave" her. How cool is that?!?! Hearts full of Thanksgiving!) Every single student in my class said they were thankful for me! One student even said she was thankful for me AND my little dog! Yes, kindergarteners often repeat what their friends say, but each of my kids has shown me appreciation through action. Pictures drawn, hugs received, snacks shared, I am shown so much appreciation by those who matter the most in my workplace! I am so thankful to be given so much appreciation!!! I ended my day with an early dinner with the school staff because our head of school wanted to show us how thankful she is for us! Y'all... I definitely don't have the most thankless job!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment