HomeAbout meFreebies!!!Image HTML map generator

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pumpkin Read Alouds: Book Talk Tuesday


     I am linking up again this week with Mrs. Jump's Class for Book Talk Tuesday! This weeks theme is pumpkins! One of my very favorite pumpkin books is a fiction book called The Runaway Pumpkin. The Runaway Pumpkin is an adorable story about two brothers and a sister who stumble upon a giant pumpkin that wreaks havoc in their town! It has repetition and rhyme and is always a favorite with the kiddos in my class, so if you don't have it yet, you should definitely snag it on Amazon for just $4.06!



     My next favorite pumpkin book is The Pumpkin Patch Parable. If you teach Sunday school, work in a Christian school, or just want something fun to do at home with your own kids this year then this is the book for you! This sweet book shares the Gospel while relating it to carving a jack-o-lantern. Each year I do this adorable lesson in Chapel. I actually bring in a pumpkin, carve it and discuss it with the kiddos, then read this adorable book!

   

      We will be taking a field trip to the pumpkin patch when we return to school next week. (Currently on Fall Break ... YAY! :) ) I am currently working on some absolutely adorable pumpkin activities and centers that we will implement throughout the week next week! I cannot wait to share them with my students! Be sure to check out my next blog post for a pumpkin FREEBIE!!!!








I also just finished these spider centers!









 

No comments :

Post a Comment