HomeAbout meFreebies!!!Image HTML map generator

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Literacy Centers for the Week!

     Since I have been posting about my literacy centers I thought I would let you know what we are up to in this weeks lit center time! We are in Unit 1 Week 2 of our Journeys Common Core Kindergarten Curriculum. During this week we are reading How Do Dinosaurs Go to School? so you will see a few dino activities.

Brown Table Area - Listening and Games 


Listening Center - How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? on CD 
Games Center - Awesome Alphabet Cookie game that I picked up for around $2 during back to school at Walmart! 

Yellow Table Area - Pocket Chart and Writing 


    Pocket Chart Center - Another item I picked up at Walmart during back to school time! Love it! Also I was so pumped because these students are doing ABC order all on their own. My only directions were match the pictures with their beginning sounds. My K5ers are the best! 

Writing Center - Name game with recording sheet. 

Red Table Area - Handwriting and Read to Self 



Handwriting -  Mary from Sharing Kindergarten posted this awesome idea for the sensory bag and it came with this recording sheet as a freebie! My kiddos are loving it, so please check out her blog and give her some love! And snag one for yourself of course ;) 

Carpet Area - Puzzles


Puzzles - Dino Floor Puzzle
Normally my students go to Big Books after Puzzles center. These kids were working hard at this today, but didn't finish in time for center change. I noticed, so I stopped by and whispered to them that they could continue working and ignore my call for center change. 
   

No comments :

Post a Comment